FreePBX Email Notifications 📧
A quick guide on setting up outbound emails from FreePBX - without needing to pay for the commercial System Admin module!
Setting up SMTP email notifications in FreePBX can't be set up from the UI without the commercial 'System Admin' module. The good news is, it can be set up manually with hardly any fuss!
- SSH into the system
- Edit '/etc/postfix/main.cf'
- Edit '/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd'
Force postfix to rewrite from address, inside '/etc/postfix/generic'
To rewrite the domain for all addresses from the local pbx, use this format in '/etc/postfix/generic':
- Set permissions 'chmod 400 /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd'
- Run 'postmap hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd'
- Change owner 'chown postfix /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd'
- Reload postfix: '/etc/init.d/postfix reload'
And that's it - you can now receive emails for voicemail or outbound route notifications!
I use emails from FreePBX to notify me when the USA routing is used: